Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Subra wants Malaysia to win big


The Star Online


National footballer S. Subramaniam is in seventh heaven. 

The 27-year-old Kelantan centreback capped the finest season of his career after the Red Warriors won the treble this season. 

“It’s my best season since I turned pro in 2005 and I have won three championships medals in my seventh year as a professional,” said Subramaniam, who is back home in Sungei Siput for the Deepavali holidays. 

The only disappointment is that he had to drop out of the national team preparing for the Suzuki Cup later this month because of a nagging knee injury. 

“I was recalled to the national team after a four-year lapse but the knee injury meant I have to give it a miss. In fact, I’m due for an ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) surgery on Nov 22. Malaysia will play two days later and I hope they win big,” said Subramaniam, who wished all Hindus in Malaysia a Happy Deepavali. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...